Quick as a wink, I found an old greenhouse effect asia zone forum online page, where they discussed and compared between the temperature in the peninsula and the temperature in east Malaysian states. Bla bla bla then in the forum, I came across a post linking it to a YouTube video. Without hesitation, I clicked it. It was a video of an old song called Hijau by Zainal Abidin. Such a classic. Now, I listen to it more than ever. Whenever I do, I feel the urge to bring the green issues to light by any means. The song totally brings out the best in me (cehy, witty sia)
I am hooked. And I hope you are too.
English translation:
A world without forests
is like a slave
she is polluted by humans
who only laugh ignorantly
A world without air
is a world without life
it will one day disappear
without realisation
A world without the oceans
will thirst
it will eventually vanish
my unfortunate world
In recent days we are always celebrating
Successes that in the end will destroy us
What is the use of maturity of thinking
when our souls remain infantile
and raw
I see green
Oh, children
will not feel how it is to swim in the sea
and play in it together
this earth is millions of years old
we work to stave away disaster
the ozone is thinning and we still keep burning
poisoned by humans
all the things in this world
will not last forever
My fading world
Who sees you?
By the time we realise
it might be too late
In recent days we are always celebrating
Successes that in the end will destroy us
What is the use of maturity of thinking
when our souls remain infantile
and raw
I see green
Corruption, oppression, self obsession
Pollution, depression on earth, now
Oh, children
will not feel how it is to swim in the sea
and play in it together
this earth is millions of years old
we work to stave away disaster
the ozone is thinning and we still keep burning
poisoned by humans
all the things in this world
will not last forever
I remember this song! *\O/* Imma download it nao.
ReplyDelete